Thursday, January 11, 2007

Intro into the Karaoke world ...

With a recent craze for Karaoke and with some new Toys (and ofcourse midlife crisis), I started trying some film songs. The first song I attempted was an evergreen melody by my favorite singer K.J. Yesudas from the film Mondram Pirai. Hope I didn't insult the song or singer. Here is the result ...

Kanne Kalaimane(Low-fi)(Hi-fi)


After hearing some fake praises from people around me about the above song, I got the courage to try a few more songs. When I tried some SPB songs I realized that he is the TRUE meaning of the word GIFTED. I always appreciated his songs a lot like everyone else, but when I attempted his songs and heard my versions myself, I realized that music is way beyond the 7 notes and the black & white sheet of notes. Certain aspects of music just cannot be learnt from a teacher or a text book. Some of the emotions he brings out are just impossible to even completely comprehend, let alone reproduce. With a lot of hesitation I am listing a few songs of him that I TRIED to sing.

Keladi Kanmani(Low-fi)(Hi-fi)
Mandram Vandha(Low-fi)(Hi-fi)
Naan Paadum Mouna Raagam(Low-fi)(Hi-fi)


Anyways, here is a list of the songs in soundclick with the dates I added ...

12/23/06Kanne Kalaimane(Low)(Hi)
Keladi Kanmani(Low)(Hi)
Mandram Vandha(Low)(Hi)
Raja Raja Chozhan(Low)(Hi)
1/6/07Naan Paadum Mouna(Low)(Hi)
Vaa Vaa Anbe(Low)(Hi)
Illamaienum Poongatru(Low)(Hi)
Vizhiyile(Low)(Hi)
1/21/07Uyire Uyire(Low)(Hi)
Poove Sembove(Low)(Hi)

12 comments:

Harshan said...

Hi ...I listened to your rendition of Enna Solla pogirai ...it was a good attempt ...although there are some pitching problems which you can improve upon.

This song is a difficult song and has to match the Shankar's range to do justice ..

TC Ratnapuri said...

Harshan, thanks for the feedback. Yeah C/C# is totally out of my pitch and the max I can hit is A#. I knew the song brings life only at a higher pitch, but couldn’t resist attempting this wonderful song and my niece requested me to attempt this, as this is her fav. Song.



Thanks

TC Ratnapuri

Harshan said...

I also listened to your version of Mandram vandham ...was beautiful ....you have a nice base voice and if you can select a song like this which matches your scale ...you will sound great.

Keep singing ...

Mad Max said...

got here through ajithas blog...really nice job...still havent listened to all of em..but i like raja raja chozhan and kanne kalaimaane...keep rocking

Pradip Somasundaran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pradip Somasundaran said...

Was just passing by..Nice collection of songs u have got here..

Marutham said...

Hello :) ,

You have a lovely collection here!!
And few great tracks :)
I loved the keladi kanmani track...as its always been my favourite...
Nice - neat work! :)

Keep more tracks coming...
Hope to hear more..
See u around!

Cheers,
~Marutham.

Marutham said...

Just heard the poove semboove....
AMAZING!! :)
Totally enjoyed listening to this..

Keep rocking!

TC Ratnapuri said...

Hello Marutham, thanks for listening to these and the great feedback. Really appreciate your encouraging words.

I have listened to your Thenpandi before and do think you have a very beautiful voice as well. Keep mixing …

Good job on your email Address :)

See you around.

Anonymous said...

Listened to yr kanne kalaimanae, dont ask me how I got to yr blog, but I did and u've done a good job on that! Will listen to the rest in the near future and give my comments on them +vely or -vely.

Great start and keep the good voice coming.

Marutham said...

:) Hi again,
I do not get this part ....
Could you help me out? :)
//Good job on your email Address :)//
I guess i dnt leave it anywhere...
Confused! ;)

Thanx for ur comments :)
~Marutham

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on tcneha.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Research presents that closely 60% of all United States adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.